Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Magpies

I'd been warned about the magpies. Sunday night the boy and I were swooped a few times. We picked up some tree branches and swatted the birds away. My tree branch had ants on it. Some of the ants ended up in my jeans. I thought the ants were a worse annoyance than the birds.

Monday was a holiday in Oz. We decided to do a 15 kilometer bike ride to a friends' house. On the way there a magpie swooped. I batted it away. It swooped from the other side. I batted it away again but in doing so, I lost control of my bike and hit the curb. Apparently I looked like superman flying through the air. A car stopped. A concerned guy, who saw my amazing flying skills, got out. Sam realized I wasn't there and came back for me. The two of them made sure I was all right. I was a bit dazed. There were tears. My shoulder hurt but I decided to be a trooper and to prove to Sam that I'm tough cookie. We biked the rest of the way and ended up having a lovely afternoon playing board games. I kept ice on my arm though, because it hurt. Yeah, it hurt.

That hurt didn't go away though. Turns out that I ripped some muscles off my shoulder. Oppsy. I'm writing this post with my right hand alone. I'm awkwardly sitting on one butt cheek because my other cheek is sore. I have impressive bruises. I hate magpies.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All opinions contained herein are the exclusive property of Elizabeth Zarrouati, and in no way reflect the beliefs or attitudes of, but not limited to, the United States Government, the French Government, the Australian government, nor any government entity in the U.S., France, Australia or anywhere else in the world where I happen to be. All writing and original images on I Endorse Bread and Typos ©2008 of I Endorse Bread and Typos unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.