Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Life Lessons

Rule #1: No one looks after your interests quite like you. Wasn't there a basic economic principle of self-interest?

Rule #2: Say what you want/desire. Internalizing is for the birds.

Rule #3: Love can be powerful but think twice before buying that plane ticket. He may never pay you back.

Rule #4: Short term means under three months. This is applicable to a myriad of circumstances.

Rule #5: Be flexible.

Rule #6: Karma exists. Practice the Golden Rule or else.

Rule #7: Love. Forgive. Move on. But remember that these things must be done daily.

Rule #8: Lack of vision precedes boredom and/or death.

Rule #9: Interested in someone as a lover/friend/business partner? Watch how she treats the world around her. You truly know people by their actions.

Rule #10: Don't let the heartless Mofos take you down.

My life is a good story. I don't always follow these rules but I definitely should. Although if I had always played it safe, I wouldn't be where I am today: a perpetual couchsurfer with wanderlust and little money. Amen.

No comments:

Disclaimer

All opinions contained herein are the exclusive property of Elizabeth Zarrouati, and in no way reflect the beliefs or attitudes of, but not limited to, the United States Government, the French Government, the Australian government, nor any government entity in the U.S., France, Australia or anywhere else in the world where I happen to be. All writing and original images on I Endorse Bread and Typos ©2008 of I Endorse Bread and Typos unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.