Monday, October 13, 2008

Study Abroad Application Essay

March 29, 2005


"As a student, I realize the impact studying abroad will have on my academic and personal career. Academically, studying abroad will encourage mental growth and exploration while helping me grasp another language and culture. Personally, I will develop skills and global understanding that will help establish rapport in my personal life, as well as among my peers as I pursue my proposed career path. Paris is an incredible city. I look forward to studying in this international metropolitan area while expanding my mind amid the numerous amazing happenings I will undoubtedly experience."

Paris IS an incredible city. It bit into me like a pit bull, wrecking havoc on the skin of my perfect life. ...And those "numerous amazing happenings." Wow. I broke up with my boyfriend of three years, changed career paths, considered radical catholism, and fell head over heels for a cul benit. What fun! Luckily the cul benit thing was one sided as was the catholic zeal. It was time to cut the boyfriend strings. I don't regret the dumpage. Actually both of my significant others were cut off the Zarrouati umbilical cord while in Paris, albeit during different tours. Hmm.

Yes kids, Paris will shake up your life. If only I had known how much....

No comments:

Disclaimer

All opinions contained herein are the exclusive property of Elizabeth Zarrouati, and in no way reflect the beliefs or attitudes of, but not limited to, the United States Government, the French Government, the Australian government, nor any government entity in the U.S., France, Australia or anywhere else in the world where I happen to be. All writing and original images on I Endorse Bread and Typos ©2008 of I Endorse Bread and Typos unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.